We Must Make Jesus Our #1 Priority – 1/24/2021
We Must Make Jesus Our #1 Priority
The World Presents A Powerful Influence.
We are called to be followers, but not followers of the world.
A disciple is one who is a learner and a follower.
Identifies the 12 disciples.
2 Here are the names of the twelve apostles: first;
Simon (also called Peter),
then Andrew (Peter’s brother),
James (son of Zebedee),
John (James’s brother),
Matthew (the tax collector),
James (son of Alphaeus),
4 Simon (the zealot[b]),
Judas Iscariot (who later betrayed him).
Jesus is not looking for superheroes, but for men and women who will be obedient and faithful disciples.
- Jesus Must Be The #1 Priority
Luke 14:26 LB
26 “Anyone who wants to be my follower must love me far more than he does his own father, mother, wife, children, brothers, or sisters—yes, more than his own life—otherwise he cannot be my disciple.
One of the hardest assignments of a disciple is keeping Jesus as the number one always!
You have 3 enemies:
- The Flesh
- The World
- And Satan
Mark 4:19 LB 19 but all too quickly the 1. Attractions Of This World and the
- Delights Of Wealth, and the search for 3. Success And Lure Of Nice things come in and crowd out God’s message from their hearts, so that no crop is produced.
We cannot allow life and the world to take over and consume us.
When Jesus is the center of our hearts; He reigns and is in control.
Romans 6:12 NCV 12 So, do not let sin control your life here on earth so that you do what your sinful self wants to do.
Romans 8:5 5 Those who are dominated by the sinful nature think about sinful things, but those who are controlled by the Holy Spirit think about things that please the Spirit.
2 Timothy 4: 2 …..Be Ready In Season And Out Of Season.
Matthew 6:33 33 Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need.
- What have I placed before Jesus?
- What has taken my attention away from my Kingdom assignment?
- What must I add in and subtract from my life so that Jesus can remain as my #1 priority?
- You Must Stay On The Path, It’s a Journey
Luke 14:27 27 Whoever is not willing to carry his cross and follow me cannot be my follower.
Proverbs 16:25 says 25 Before every man there lies a wide and pleasant road he thinks is right, but it ends in death.
Matthew 7:13-14 LB 13 “Heaven can be entered only through the narrow gate! The highway to hell is broad, and its gate is wide enough for all the multitudes who choose its easy way. 14 But the Gateway to Life is small, and the road is narrow, and only a few ever find it.
John 14:6 6 Jesus told him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me.
There is only one way to the Father and that is only through Jesus!
That is the path of a disciple!
The strategies of the enemy is to constantly:
- Make other paths available and enticing.
- Make all options available to you.
- Makes you believe, as a disciple you can also pursue other paths.
Satan wants you to lose your focus with his distractions.
His assignment is to get you off the path with his deception.
Turning back to our old lives is no longer an OPTION!
I have decided to follow Jesus, no turning back, no turning back!
- Are my decisions controlling my path in a negative way?
- What is my response to the enemy when turbulent times arise?