HOW TO GET INTO THE GLORY OF GOD? – 8.29.2021
HOW TO GET INTO THE GLORY OF GOD?
What can we do to touch waves of the Glory?
1) GET INTO HIS PRESENCE
First, get into His Presence, and then contend for more.
The Presence realm is available to all of us, all the time. When you meet, even with just two or three, Jesus is present with you (see Matt. 18:20).
– GET IN HIS PRESENCE, LINGER THERE, AND GENTLY PUSH IN THE SPIRIT FOR MORE.
When You Honor (regard with great respect). His Presence, You’re Positioned For Glory.
– Let me use a different metaphor to illustrate this first point.
When Jesus visited a certain house to raise a young girl who had died, He said, “Make room, for the girl is not dead, but sleeping” (Matt. 9:24).
The room had to be cleared of the clutter before Jesus could show His Glory and raise her from the dead.
– YOU HAVE TO MAKE ROOM FOR RESURRECTION. Create space, therefore, for Jesus to demonstrate His Glory.
We can do that by getting in His Presence, ministering to Him, waiting on Him, and pressing for more.
2) Sow to the Spirit
Second, sow to the Spirit.
Hosea 8:7 says, “‘They sow the wind, and reap the whirlwind.’”
Hosea is speaking of the Israelites who practiced idolatry. When they worshiped false gods, they were sowing to the wind and would ultimately reap a whirlwind of judgment.
But the opposite must also be true. When we’re worshiping Jesus, we’re sowing to the winds of the Spirit.
2 Timothy 1:6 For this reason I remind you to fan into flame the gift of God, which is in you through the laying on of my hands.
Is it possible that, if we’ll sow to the winds of the Spirit, we may eventually reap a whirlwind of Glory (see Job 38:1 Then the LORD answered Job from the whirlwind)
If you want to experience waves of Glory, ask for it!
Moses is our model, who asked of the Lord, “Please, show me Your Glory” (Exod. 33:18).
God’s response was basically, “I show My Glory to whomever I want, whenever I want. And I’ve decided to say yes to you.” And then God encountered Moses with His of Glory.
– An encounter with God in which you See Something, you Hear Something, and You Feel Something supernatural.
– Moses saw the Lord, heard His voice, and then the Lord placed His hand over Moses. It was Glory! To experience such Glory, sometimes all you can do is ask and then see what He says.
When Jesus visits His Church in Glory, worship leaders, get ready for a wild surf!