HE MAKES ALL THINGS NEW – JAN 28, 2018
HE MAKES ALL THINGS NEW
25 And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but are yourself lost or destroyed
How To Have Right Ambitions
Worldly ambition is selfish. It’s seeking success in the things of the world and competing with people of the world.
It’s saying, “I’m going to work hard to have more than you and become better than you”
and Christians should not be like this.
Psalm 69:9 For zeal for your house consumes me……
We are supposed to have ambition in the Lord. We are supposed to work for the Lord and not to compete to be better than anyone else, have a bigger name than others, or have more stuff than others.
With that said it’s a great thing to have ambition, dreams, and to be a hard worker, but a Christian’s ambition is to be towards Christ.
But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.
Leonard Ravenhill says “My main ambition in life is to be on the devil’s most wanted list.”
- Colossians 3:23 Whatever you do, do it enthusiastically, as something done for the Lord and not for men.
- Ephesians 6:7Serve with a good attitude, as to the Lord and not to men.
- Proverbs 21:21 Whoever pursues righteousness and unfailing love will find life, righteousness, and honor.
- Psalm 40:8I take joy in doing your will, my God, for your instructions are written on my heart.
How To Make A Fresh Start
Isaiah 55:6 “Seek the Lord while he may be found; call upon him while he is near.”
When a new day begins, make sure you’ve let go of yesterday. Don’t stay stuck on yesterday’s arguments, disagreements or hurts.
TODAY IS A NEW DAY.
Don’t hang onto what you could have done. Let the new day renew you spirit and you hope. Keep your heart open to the NEW DAY’S POSSIBILITIES, OPPORTUNITIES AND BLESSINGS.
Job 8:7 (NASB)
“Though your beginning was insignificant, yet your end will increase greatly.
- If you do what’s right every chance you get, treat others with grace, and never forget who’s really in charge.
- Want to cut down on your list of regrets this year? Let God serve as the filter for everything you say and everything you think. Ps. 19:14 “May these words of my mouth and this meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, Lord….
- Before deciding to hold a grudge this year, ask yourself one question: Exactly how much forgiveness has God shown me in Christ?
Ephesians 4:32 “Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you”
How To Make The Most Of Your Time
John 9:4 “We must work the works of him who sent me while it is day; night is coming, when no one can work.”
Jesus is saying that while we still have time we are to do the work of God for the night is coming when no one can work anymore.
For the believer, we have only a certain number of breaths in our life and we must learn to redeem it well and use time for God’s glory.
He expects us to be good stewards of our money and our talent but also of our time.
“Look carefully then how you walk, not as unwise but as wise, making the best use of the time, because the days are evil.”
We don’t know how much time we have on this earth so Paul would advise us that “as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers” (Gal 6:10)
because “No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father” (Matt 24:36) and really, it is not our business to try and guess when Jesus will return as “It is not for you to know times or seasons that the Father has fixed by his own authority” (Acts 1:7).
All we know for sure is that everyone’s got an appointment with death and then the judgment (Heb 9:27) so don’t waste time; decide today to repent and believe and you will be saved or live with the regret for not redeeming the time for the Redeemer, for time without end (Rev 20:12-15).